Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2, 2009

It has been a long road to this point. I'm feeling a little better. The low red cell count is slowly coming up, although I'm 2 points shy of being on the low mark of normal. Seems I've been there mostly most my life. No wonder I've never had the energy of most people. Mom said that she was always on the low end too. So my energy is coming back and with it the ability to laugh at a few funny things. Also, I can get something done besides eat and sleep. I've started thinking about the other side of this ordeal and about trips I'd like to make. Before, there was NO imagination for anything, no humor, no nothing. I am still pretty much a dial tone on most things .... seems all of those things take energy. On Sunday, I was in Albertsons and I slipped on some water and both feet went out from under me and I fell on my right hip. Fortunately, I don't think I did any real damage...just bruised a bit and my lower back and hip is sore. But that afternoon, I walked my left foot into a chair leg and broke some tiny bones in my 4th toe and joint. So my foot is so sore and it hurts to walk so there goes my major form of exercise. boo hoo.

I went in for a mammogram and that was clear and then got a CT scan in preparation for radiation...then tattooed so they maintain their aim with the radiation gun. I had my first radiation today.

So besides my foot being out of whack, my back being sore, I doing pretty good. I'm still not much use to anybody but I hope things will improve.

John went to Bakersfield this week and got a stent put into one of the arterties for his heart. He's doing OK but has 2 medications to take now where as he didn't take any. So we've been watching Wimbleton .... talk about being couch potatoes!! well, it is just for a short time.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can create short links with BCVC and get dollars for every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete